How green we are
Environmental and Social responsibilities and how green we really are.
To us, these issues are as natural as waking up and going to sleep, we continuously strive to makes our lives better by making small and important changes to the way we manage our lives and our business.
• Products ordered on-line and shipped Canada post thus reducing the carbon footprint of any purchase.
• A portion of our Warm bear sales go towards Bears Matter a local charity that cares for orphaned bears.
• We buy all of our products locally.
• We have an internal recycling program.
• We are using more organic fabrics in our heat packs and heat wraps.
• We belong to BC Hydro Power Smart program. * Our goal for 2010 was to reduce our hydro usage by 5%, we achieved a reduction of 11% * Goal for 2011 to reduce by another 5%..actual reduction in 2011 was 11% we achieved most of this by turning the thermostat down on the cold nights and use our heat wraps, 3 minutes in the microwave and it will keep us warm for an hour or so, and we doubled our projected savings..yeah!!. 2012 Goal a further 10% reduction.
• We use recycled manufactured boxes to ship our goods and return our suppliers boxes for reuse.
• Where ever possible, 99% of the time we walk to meetings and or use public transit. In 2008 I realised I was walking so much and not being reliant on the car,I got rid of the car and still walk everywhere I need to go or use the transit,much healthier and I don't miss the car.
• We use a local courier service to deliver our goods to us from the local manufacturer thus cutting down on our carbon footprint. * We walk,cycle or use public transit to meetings or to do deliveries in the city.
• We have lowered our shipping charges so it costs less to have your order shipped to you than it costs to take your car out of the garage to go to the shops. So our saying "Shop on line to save gas and the environment" rings oh so true.
• We have sponsored since 2001 a youth longboarding race in the sunshine coast, which has grown to be the Worlds largest race. .
Happy Shopping.....Save gas and the environment and shop on line
Contact details Peter and Patricia