We are highlighting our 2 most popular heat packs, Sports Therapy Wrap and our Body Wrap for fast Back pain relief, using our microwave heating pads to relieve back pain with their warm moist penetrating heat. All heat packs can be used hot or cold depending on the therapy required.
The information below will help you select which is going to be applicable to you, they differ in size, weight and content.
Which ever one you select will give you many years of back pain and stress relief.
Here are a few of the other back pain ailments our heat packs can help relieve pain.
Use hot or cold depending on therapy required.
- Middle back pain.
- Severe lower back pain.
- Back pain during early pregnancy.
- Back pain.
- Upper back pain.
- Chronic pain.
- Back spasms.
- Spinal stenosis.
Sports Therapy Wrap
Sports Therapy Wrap: The heat wrap/heat pack used by therapists. This is a great gift for everybody. Extra large size, weight and penetrating moist heat provides comfort for those who suffer with back and shoulder pain. Infused with our signature anti-stress aromatherapy blend of lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary and cloves. Comes with an adjustable belt to hold the wrap firmly in place. Extra long heat holding – 1 hour or longer. Contains our anti-stress blend. Use warm or cold to assist with the relief of aches, pains and stress. The perfect stress relieving gift. (10″ X 26″). The cover comes in black velvet with an embroidered Warm Buddy logo.Our most popular heat pack is used for fast natural pain relief.
Our Body wrap is also a time tested warrior against muscle pain and stress, slightly smaller (9" x 19") than the Sports Therapy wrap, but carries an equal pain relieving punch, it contains lavender which helps to relieve pain and stress, it also has a removable cover and an assortment of fabric covers. The Body Wrap can also be used hot or cold depending on what therapy is required.
Recent studies have found that heat wrap therapy proved to be more effective at treating lower back pain than oral pain medications such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
Warm Buddy heat wraps are proudly made in Canada.
Warm and Cold Therapy
For both these therapies it is always handy to have 2 heat packs available for immediate applications , one for warmth and the other to keep in the freezer for cold therapy applications..
How Heat Therapy Works
Many episodes of lower back muscle strain result from strains and over-exertions, creating tension in the muscles and soft tissues around the lower spine. As a result, this restricts proper circulation and sends pain signals to the brain.
Muscle spasm in the lower back can create sensations that may range from mild discomfort to excruciating lower back pain. Heat therapy can help relieve pain from the muscle spasm and related tightness and lower back pain relief.
Using one of our heat packs will help you relieve lower backpain and muscle tension.
Heat therapy application can help provide lower back pain relief through several mechanisms:
- Heat therapy dilates the blood vessels of the muscles surrounding the lumbar spine. This process increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles, helping to heal the damaged tissue.
- Heat stimulates the sensory receptors in the skin, which means that applying heat to the lower back will decrease transmissions of pain signals to the brain and partially relieve the discomfort.
- Heat application facilitates stretching the soft tissues around the spine, including muscles, connective tissue, and adhesion's. Consequently, with heat therapy, there will be a decrease in stiffness as well as injury, with an increase in flexibility and overall feeling of comfort. Flexibility is very important for a healthy back.
How cold therapy Works to Relieve Pain
Cold therapy can help provide relief for back pain in a number of ways:
Keep a Warm Buddy heat pack in your freezer for these applications:
- Cold therapy application slows the inflammation and swelling that occurs after injury. Most back pain is accompanied by some type of inflammation, and addressing the inflammation helps reduce the pain
- Cold therapy numbs sore tissues (providing pain relief similar to a local anesthetic)
- Cold therapy application slows the nerve impulses in the area, which interrupts the pain-spasm reaction between the nerves
- Cold therapy decreases tissue damage
- The massage adds the beneficial effects of gentle manipulation of the soft tissues
Cold therapy is most effective if it is applied as soon as possible after the injury occurs, usually within 24 to 48 hours. The cold makes the veins in the tissues contract, reducing circulation. Once the cold is removed, the veins overcompensate and dilate and blood rushes into the area. The infusion of blood in the area brings with it the necessary nutrients to help the injured back muscles, ligaments and tendons to heal.
Therapies on how to treat lower back pain
- Warm therapy for aches and pains
- Cold therapy for fresh injuries and swelling
All our prices are shown in Canadian Dollars (CAD$)
All checkout transactions will be made in Canadian Dollars (CAD$) & converted to your local currency by your bank.
Warm Buddy make the best heat packs for relieving back pain and stress
Warm Buddy Company creates products that promote relaxation and provide natural relief from aches, pains and stress. They have been following this philosophy since 1995, while creating their world famous aromatherapy heat wraps, heat packs, eye pillows and the original warm up plush animals.
Warm Buddy rejuvenating heat therapy products have become recognized for their superior quality and long heat holding ability. Warm Buddy heat wraps and heat packs are safe, easy to use and highly effective , also available in unscented. Simply heat in the microwave or cool in the freezer as desired.
All Warm Buddy heat therapy products are proudly made in Canada.